If you are in the market for a landscape contractor, then read this blog! There are many ways to find the perfect landscape contractor to work with. I highly suggest you don’t simply count on finding one via the Internet. Instead, think draught resistant, local and utilize the following 10 tips:
1) Search Houzz for landscape contractors.
2) Ask for referrals from your friends and neighbors.
3) Check with the Napa Chamber of Commerce.
4) Ask your local nursery or garden store for a referral.
5) A good way to narrow down your options is to review credentials. You want to hire a contractor who is knowledgeable, easy to work with and reliable. Make sure you check every potential contractor’s credentials:
6) Licenses. Landscape contractors have licenses regulated by the state. Check the California Landscape Contractors Association.
7) Insurance. Ask to see the certificate of insurance from any potential landscape contractor and make sure they have general liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance.
8) Client references. I can’t say enough about doing your own due-diligence when it comes to hiring anyone. Get a list of former clients you can contact regarding their work.
9) Ask to see photos of work. Landscape contractors install plantings, paving, grading systems, decks, site walls, sod, seed, fences, water features and more. Ask to review detailed photos of recent projects to determine the quality of their building techniques.
10) Ask about sustainable practices. In today’s landscape design, it is important to use the most sustainable materials and methods possible. If this is critical to you, make sure it’s important to anyone you hire.
Regardless of whom you choose for your landscape contractor, it’s good to agree up front on what you can expect to have done, how much the project will cost and when it will be completed. Always sign a contract agreement before you begin.
If you are looking to sell your home in Napa Valley or want to move to our little slice of heaven, I would welcome the opportunity to help you achieve your goals. I have a wealth of experience in preparing properties for sale, landscape design and development, and all the information available on recent public and private sales in this Napa Valley. Feel free to contact me at 707-738-4820 or email [email protected]. As a top producing Realtor® in Napa Valley, I have access to some extraordinary wineries, vineyards, estates and homes in Napa, Yountville, Saint Helena and Calistoga that are not on the open market. The inventory is extraordinary right now and each and every property has spectacular views. I look forward to helping you buy or sell your property in this beautiful part of the world.