You don’t have to severely compromise the artwork in your home to create the ideal feng shui space. In order to maximize the flow of positive energy, putting up the right kind of art is more important than you think. Here are some Do’s and Don’t’s when it comes to decorating your walls with art utilizing the power of feng shui:
1. The best feng shui energy should support a specific activity intended for that particular room. Choose art according to the feng shui energy you need, such as soothing and sensual in the bedroom, or active and vibrant in the living room or office. For instance, if your bedroom walls are a showcase for your kids’ class pictures and t-ball games and Halloween costumes, Keep in mind, family photos in the bedroom will create bad feng shui that may be killing your sex life.
“Keep only photos of you and your partner in the bedroom,” said Feng Shui expert Salvator Manzi on MSN. “Try pictures of you two on a favorite vacation. Or to spur feelings of warmth, comfort and sensuality, try using nature scenes, flowers or artwork with smooth curves and warm colors.” Also remember that the first thing you see upon entering a room sets the mood, so place these images somewhere attention-grabbing.”
2. Think balance when it comes to your artwork and empty space.
3.The Northern wall of the room corresponds to career and success. Choose a picture with water elements to improve this area of your life. Water elements include pictures of oceans, fountains, waterfalls, and even fish.
1. Clutter, violence, loneliness; three things that feng shui says is an absolute No-No when it comes to decorating your home. Even if a work of art highlighting these elements may bear the mark of a great artist, it can be a detriment to your happiness and the flow of positive energy.
2. Get rid of all clutter. The energy created by clutter blocks the feng shui energy flow. Instead of a scattered array of paintings, hanging a single large artwork is advisable.
3. Select pieces of art that can be mixed harmoniously creating an overall balance of the five elements: earth, water, fire, wood and metal is not disturbed.
At the end of the day feng shui says to go with your gut, but for more ideas on how to feng shui your art, read all the do’s and don’ts in this Artsome article.
Are you ready to feng shui your art in a new Napa Valley home? Latife Hayson is here to assist you. Contact her at 707-738-4820 or email [email protected]. As a top producing Realtor® in Napa Valley, she has access to some extraordinary wineries, vineyards, estates and homes in Napa, Yountville, Saint Helena and Calistoga that are not on the open market. The inventory is extraordinary right now and each and every property has spectacular views, the perfect backdrop to create the perfect feng shui home.