The Napa Valley Vintners Association put together a terrific summary of facts, figures, history and statistics you might find interesting. Did you know:
- One barrel of wine equals 20 cases, which equals 1200 glasses.
- A ton of grapes makes about 720 bottles of wine, or 60 cases.
- One vine annually produces 4 – 6 bottles of wine, or 20 – 30 glasses.
- Each bottle of wine contains about 2.8 pounds of grapes; that means it takes about a half a pound of grapes to produce a five-ounce glass of wine.
- There are between 15 and 45 clusters of grapes per vine.
- One acre of land is home to between 900 – 1300 vines.
All fun facts are estimates.
For a more detailed report, please click here.