The heart that gives, gathers. — Tao Te Ching
A stylish and fun-filled weekend awaited bidders in the Auction Napa Valley 2018–a prestigious wine charity event that brought generosity back in the spotlight. The fundraising activity broke records by earning an all-time high of over $13.6 million, as confirmed by Napa Valley Vintners (NVV), the major sponsor of Auction Napa Valley 2018.
The Auction Napa Valley 2018 gives back to the Napa community by cultivating the spirit of sharing. Every dollar is a gift of a brighter and healthier future for over 100,000 Napa County residents as the proceeds of the event will go directly to non-profit partners that fund on children’s education and community health. By nurturing children’s dreams and interconnecting every family, Auction Napa Valley is able to create a huge impact on the lives of residents. Little by little. Sip by sip. Family by family.
Behind Auction Napa Valley 2018
Auction Napa Valley was founded in the year 1981 by winery owners who share the same vision. With the NVV as its sponsor, the auction soon became the most celebrated charity wine event in the world. Continuing the legacy of its early leaders are new generations of vintners who are deeply committed to transforming the art of giving into a more treasurable experience.
The Auction Napa Valley 2018, which marked NVV’s 38th fundraising event, was graced by the presence of Angelina, Riana, Giovanna and Alycia Mondavi, who all belong to the fourth generation of the Mondavi family. With the four siblings acting as the honorary chair, the event epitomized class while exuding a youthful and energetic vibe.
Auction Napa Valley 2018 Events
Just like a child visiting the circus for the first time, bidders and vintners who participated in the Auction Napa Valley 2018 experienced a roller coaster of positive emotions. The event offered a wide array of activities and fun surprises for participants, including a chance to take home rare wine collections and engage in an exquisite culinary and winery experience.
Some of the highlights of the event include:
- About two hours of non-stop dancing courtesy of the surprise performance of Michael Franti and Spearhead–two of the most popular performers in the Bay Area
- Appearances by Natalie Gulbis, a professional golfer; Danica Patrick, a retired race car driver; and the sister and mother of Stephen Curry
- Luxurious private dinners and parties hosted by prominent vintners and new wineries that are quickly rising in popularity
- The Napa Valley Barrel Auction that showcased a picturesque replica of Napa Valley’s iconic towns and villages, along with its famous wines and restaurants
- A Live Auction Celebration, where bidders and vintners feasted on great food, exemplary wine and fun-filled activities
Generosity was definitely in the air as Auction Napa Valley 2018 received enormous support from bidders and vintners. Some of the activities that greatly aided NVV’s cause were as follows:
- Samantha Rudd, daughter of food and wine legend Leslie Rudd, contributed $1 million dollars courtesy of the Rudd Foundation
- Lot 20, which was donated by Lexus and Napa Valley Vintners, was bidded for $1 million
- Lot 11, along with the opportunity to for 2 couples to attend a masquerade at Versailles, France, was sold at $1.4 million
More than giving bidders the chance to take home rare wine collections, Auction Napa Valley glorifies the art of sharing by making sure participants are able to bag once-in-a-lifetime experiences that make lasting connections. Thanks to the continuous outpour of love and generosity from vintners, bidders and sponsors, Auction Napa Valley 2018 was nothing short of spectacular.